The New Start program can help eliminate your outstanding balance in as little as 12 months. If you make on-time monthly payments, we’ll make up the difference.
Here’s how it works
- We'll review your account billing history and set a monthly payment plan based on the average of your regular monthly bill.
- When you make your New Start monthly payment, a portion of your total balance at the time of enrollment will be eliminated, or "forgiven,” reducing the amount you owe. The amount forgiven each month is calculated by taking your total enrolled balance and dividing it by 12.
- As long as you continue to make your New Start payment, your service will not be shut-off for non-payment.
- Your outstanding balance: $1,200
- Your monthly payment: $150 (calculated based on your average monthly bill)
- Amount we forgive after each monthly payment: $100 ($1,200/12 = $100)
You can also download a PDF version of the New Start Program details.
To be eligible:
- You must be a current Eversource residential electric customer with an active account;
- You must have a financial hardship status on your account; and
- You must have a past due balance of $150 or more that is 60 or more days past due
To get started, please call us at 844-273-7760.