Electric Supplier Options
You have the option to explore different rates offered by other energy suppliers authorized to work with Eversource.
What is a competitive supplier or third-party supplier?
A competitive supplier is a company licensed by the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) to sell electric supply products to electricity consumers. Eversource customers have the option to choose a different supplier, so what does that mean?
Your Eversource electricity bill is broken into two categories: delivery charges and supply charges.
Read more details about supply and delivery charges
The cost of electricity itself. Your supplier purchases energy from a pool of producers. That can be Eversource, or you have the option to pick a competitive supplier.
View our supply rates.
What to know about switching electric suppliers
Your electricity bill will come from Eversource, but the amount you pay for your supply charge, as well as where the electricity you use is generated, can be changed by choosing to purchase your power from a competitive supplier. View your current supplier.
There’s a lot to consider when switching electric suppliers, from the contract to the marketing tactics. Here's what to ask and what to avoid.
What to ask a potential supplier
- Is the chosen supplier licensed in my state?
- What is the length of the contract I'm entering?
- Will my rate of supply change over time, or stay the same?
- Are there early termination fees?
- What if I move or discontinue service in the region?
- Can I switch to a different supplier?
What to avoid
- Eversource does not call or solicit door-to-door on behalf of any competitive energy supplier. Customers are urged to always decline any door-to-door offers or requests to discuss energy rates from someone claiming to be an Eversource employee.
- Never provide personal or financial information to anyone, in person, on the phone, or online, without verifying their credentials even if the individual seems legitimate or knows basic account information.
- All Eversource employees carry company-issued identification, and any contractors working with us carry documentation explaining the nature and location of their work.
Has a supplier solicited you?
You have the option of blocking your electric account from unauthorized switching to a third-party supplier from Standard Service. Call us at 800-286-2000 to add this protection to your account or to double check the legitimacy of any offer. Don't dial a phone number provided by a solicitor.
Read more about avoiding scams.
Return to standard service
You can return to Eversource Standard Service as your supply option by managing your account online. If you don't have an online account, you can call us at 800-286-2000.
The change should happen within two business days of your request and your bill will be prorated accordingly. Be sure to check with your current electric supplier to see if cancellation fees apply.